Monday, December 14, 2009

"Method 10"

I have never used a wiki before. I have had thoughts on how I wish there was one central place that people can add information to and well, there it is! With a little more exploration I'm sure that I can find exactly what I'm looking for! This is great not only for my personal use but for me professionally and for the library. I can use a wiki to get and share ideas on programs and books and LOTS of other subjects. I could use a wiki for website links to various subjects for our patrons such as holiday crafts, songs, activities, and others. This would be good because anyone can add to it versus items being posted on a website with only 1 other staff member being able to make changes or add to the site. Book lists would be great as well along with book series titles and corresponding "if you like this series try this.....". So many doors for information gathering and exchange are possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment